Monday, September 8, 2014

Reader's Workshop Strategies "Getting Help"

Happy Monday!!!
    Today, the students worked on "getting help" in reader's workshop.  We came up several strategies to use when you need "help" during reader's workshop.  Some included:  asking a friend/someone in your group, put a sticky note on the word/go back to it, use the word wall, and reference the chart from the mini lesson.  Student's worked very hard and I was proud of their work today! 

     In writing, we wrote about many ideas and had sentence starters to help us expand our thoughts!  My class definitely is engaged in writing and I love to see their excitement! :)

       Also, in the student's folders, you will find a letter from me explaining the reading/math homework.  Students have one page of math and one page of reading homework tonight.

      Attached I have a couple pictures of today's reading lesson!  Enjoy!

:) 
Best,
Miss Ignatiadis
 

No comments :

Post a Comment